Saturday 22 May 2010

Prairie Pine Burrs

  

Amy’s Creative Side is once more hosting the Blogger’s Quilt Festival and this is my entry – Prairie Pine Burrs. 

DSC05587

This is one of my newest patterns but has actually been a work in progress for almost two years. 

DSC01867DSC01869DSC01864

While I was working on the appliquéd one I was also making this one (in the three smaller photos) for a girl that was working for me at the time – the blocks are all paper pieced and seemed to take quite some time to get all the blocks for both quilts done.  A jelly roll and yardage for the star burst, the background and borders was all that was needed to make this quilt and was so much fun to use all the different prints in the roll.

DSC01946

The appliquéd quilt took some extra time of course but is so worth it in the end.

DSC02170DSC02173

The embroidery took a lot more time to do (especially for me!), but when I see it now, I’m so happy that I took the time to do it.

DSC04034

The flower center yo-yo’s were the crowning glory and the final touch for this quilt and this has turned into one of my favorite quilts – so far!

Thanks Amy for hosting this Festival again . . . I love looking at all of the great quilts that are posted and seeing what everyone has been up to.

36 comments:

paulette said...

Absolutely stunning!! Well done!
Paulette

Joanne said...

Beautiful!

Zonnah said...

I love it!

Marika said...

Very beautiful quilt work !

Lis Harwood said...

This is a fantastic piece of work thank you so much for letting us see it, Lis x

Annette said...

Ooo... that is so pretty! I love how light and soft it looks. Beautiful work Marlene.

Unknown said...

Such a beautiful quilt, I can only imagine how many hours went into it.

Quilter Going Bananas said...

It's so gorgeous Marlene!

Karen said...

The quilt is well worth the time it took to make. I am glad you shared it with us.

Jennifer said...

What a gorgeous quilt! If you ever get tired of it I'm here waiting.....*grin*......

SewCalGal said...

Spectacular. Perfect quilt to share in this show.

SewCalGal
www.sewcalgal.blogspot.com

O'Quilts said...

That is beautiful..great job

Chris said...

Fabulous quilt

Myra said...

No way! Is this it!?! Is this the one I've been waiting to see!?!

Wow! It is gorgeous M! Love it! 8-)

KarrieLyne said...

Stunning quilt!!

joan said...

Wow! It leaves one speechless it is so beautiful!

Kriza said...

oh, what a lovely stunning quilt you have made!
Kristina
www.priscillacraft.blogspot.com

Denise said...

Love your quilt!

Lynn said...

This quilt really has a presence, captures your eye and holds it! Very nice!

Marie said...

gorgeous quilt

joan said...

Absolutely gorgeous! I love the soft colors.

Carol said...

I love absolutely everything about this quilt.

Cynthia said...

Pretty, pretty! Great design!

mathea said...

This is a stunning quilt!

Mary-Kay said...

Wow! At first glance I couldn't tell there was applique, then as I was reading your post I had to take a second look. It looks great!

GLÒRIA said...

Very beautiful quilt!!!
Happy Festival!!!

GLÒRIA said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Laura-IH said...

Wow! That is gorgeous! : )

Lynn Koeppen said...

I love, love, love this quilt!

linda said...

This quilt is stunning! My favorite so far!

Wendy said...

OH MY GOODNESS! This quilt is GORGEOUS! Yes, I'ma yellin' from the rooftops ... ghee-oooorrrr-juss!! :)

Coffeebean's Dailies said...

Wow. Stunning. Absolutely wonderful! I appreciate all the paper piecing as I recently finished my Spiderweb which is my entry this time around! Great job and love the colors.

Marie said...

the more I scrolled the better it got -- a wonderful job! very pretty .....

Kathy Schwartz said...

That is absolutely GORGEOUS!!!!

Laurel H. said...

Wow; this is both beautiful and unusual.

Personalized Sketches and Sentiments said...

very gorgeous! I love the colors, fabric and the design!

..I am off today so will hopefully get to some others on the quilt fest. I have some drawing orders to work on and then clean house... Now that our children are grown and my hubby and I are empty nesters, I can't be a "stay at home mom", but I would love to be a stay at home wife :o)

Blessings & Aloha!
If you have a moment to come over, please let me know by leaving a comment at my post. It was fun meeting you!