Saturday 1 May 2010

It’s Been Soooooooooo Long!

Convention month is not a pleasant experience to live through – it disrupts my normal life.  All this travelling around, eating weird food, meeting and visiting so many different people and sleeping in strange beds . . . is more than I can absorb quickly and then move on.  It takes a few days to unwind and get back into my routine and to get back to remembering where I’d left off on all of my partially started/completed projects here at home.

Now if this had of been a quilting convention then at least it would have been inspiring, creative and motivating . . . but alas it was a municipal government convention wherein we talk about waste reduction, accounting principles, different personality types and how to deal with difficult people, privacy acts, land surveys and just about anything else you might NOT want to know about!  Where and when was that retirement planned for me?  I’ll have to keep dreamin’ and dreamin’ and dreamin’.

BUT, I am now home and making friends once again with my beautiful Pfaff and continuing with my preparations on whipping up a cute little project that will be revealed on May 24th I believe – I’ll keep you posted on that one.

    DSC05405

I had the cutest little mail parcel show up a day or so before I left for convention and I can’t wait to show you what I came up with to use some of it!

DSC05413 

Burgundy Buttons had a sale a while back that I just could NOT pass by – I’m still pinching myself to be sure that this pricing was for real.  Gotta be in the right place at the right time!!!

Hope to show some quilting progress in the next day or so . . . sure feels good to be back.  Have a great weekend.

No comments: